Will Aquiss be offering 1.2Gbps and 1.8Gbps services

Discussion about Aquiss FTTP services
Chris

I agree with the sentiments already expressed, I'm on the enthusiast/engineer side of the market and I'm multi-gig ready at home. I'd be extremely interested in upgrading to the fastest available service at the earliest opportunity, as I suspect a number of customers would be. :-)

It might be worth offering a pilot/early user mailing list to gather expressions of interest?
Martin
Staff

Bawlk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am I'm guessing this is still down the the mercy of BT Wholesale not offering the package from Openreach considering Aquiss has now launched 1.2Gb & 2.5Gb on CityFibre
Our route to market for Openreach products is via BT Wholesale (like most ISPs) who at present are the ones holding up things.

The general updates we are getting are hinting that the Cablelinks from Openreach into BTW pretty much all need upgrading.
Martin
Staff

Chris wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 pm I agree with the sentiments already expressed, I'm on the enthusiast/engineer side of the market and I'm multi-gig ready at home. I'd be extremely interested in upgrading to the fastest available service at the earliest opportunity, as I suspect a number of customers would be. :-)

It might be worth offering a pilot/early user mailing list to gather expressions of interest?
It's not that I don't want to release products, the vast majority of the industry is in the same boat. My contacts at other providers are as frustrated as much as we are with BT Wholesale.

In the meantime, as a team, we have pushed ahead with other plans and in some cases brought things forward.
Bawlk

Martin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 am
Bawlk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am I'm guessing this is still down the the mercy of BT Wholesale not offering the package from Openreach considering Aquiss has now launched 1.2Gb & 2.5Gb on CityFibre
Our route to market for Openreach products is via BT Wholesale (like most ISPs) who at present are the ones holding up things.

The general updates we are getting are hinting that the Cablelinks from Openreach into BTW pretty much all need upgrading.
Surely not if EE are using, they're all based off the same platform AFAIK
Martin
Staff

EEs relationship is direct with Openreach for these products (where as their sub 1Gbps are via BTW for the most part). EE have a mixed solution in place (and why they can't offer some of their solutions to all customers).

BTWs own links into Openreach are already running quite tight in some areas. Cablelink updates are running at circa 3-4 months for upgrades in most places.