UniFi Cloud Gateway Ultra compatibility

Discussion about Aquiss FTTP services
HANIDI

im not sure about the reports of unifi products struggling with speeds, maybe hardware issues etc
but for me as i say with the UCG and UX before i am getting 900+

i just wish it had poe output
karlbbb

Just to update, I moved up to the 900/100 package, and the built-in speed test of the UCG-Ultra is measuring close to 900Mb so it appears there's certainly no issue.

If it's helpful to anyone else, IPv6 seems to work too, and setup was very, very quick and easy using my Aquiss-supplied /56 PD. Now to actually learn IPv6 and how firewalling works with it, how to get my IPv6 devices talking to my custom internal DNS servers (which also now have IPv6 addresses) etc etc.
kcookson

I'm using Dream Machine SE. No issues. IPv6 took a few minutes of chasing to setup, but the latest updates have made the screen a lot clearer for that.
I'm getting better performance with this rather than my old router.

Attached setup just in case anybody new to UniFi wants a quick setup for Openreach connection to Aquiss
Network.png
Network.png (54.15 KiB) Viewed 7292 times
karlbbb

kcookson wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:24 pm I'm using Dream Machine SE. No issues. IPv6 took a few minutes of chasing to setup, but the latest updates have made the screen a lot clearer for that.
I'm getting better performance with this rather than my old router.

Attached setup just in case anybody new to UniFi wants a quick setup for Openreach connection to Aquiss

Network.png
I've set my IPv6 as SLAAC on each of my networks/VLANs. Is that likely to be an issue?
adavies

karlbbb wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:08 pm Just to update, I moved up to the 900/100 package, and the built-in speed test of the UCG-Ultra is measuring close to 900Mb so it appears there's certainly no issue.
I have a UCG and am considering Aquiss — do you have IDS/IPS turned on and do the speeds look okay with external speed tests? I have read that the on-device one doesn’t follow the security rules.

Thanks!
karlbbb

adavies wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:17 am
karlbbb wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:08 pm Just to update, I moved up to the 900/100 package, and the built-in speed test of the UCG-Ultra is measuring close to 900Mb so it appears there's certainly no issue.
I have a UCG and am considering Aquiss — do you have IDS/IPS turned on and do the speeds look okay with external speed tests? I have read that the on-device one doesn’t follow the security rules.

Thanks!
I don't have it turned on. Reasonably pointless on a home network, and I'm not doing any MITM so most activity will be missed anyway.
ramzez

I am running Ultra with 4.0.5 and 8.2.93 software and getting 928 download and 110 upload with all adblocking and IDP/IPS enabled.
Previously I ran Pfsense but decided to go with unifi for now just to experiment. I think version 3.2.18 also fixes the speeds issue.

One caveat, I didn't enable ipv6, I constantly had an issue with ipv6 on pfsense as well, plus if you doing adblocking or just DNS shielding ipv6 leaks a lot.